Lord,
Open my ears!
So much of what I read in your Words speaks
of the importance of hearing.
Wisdom demands it,
Righteousness requires it;
Understanding necessitates it.
I see so much of selective hearing.
Am I a selective listener?
Do I only hear what I want to?
Oh, father!
You know I long to be
wise,
understanding,
discerning,
Teach me to hear from people,
experiences,
expressions,
tones from life...
With an openness of mind,
a totality of heart,
and an abandonment of my own preconceived ideas.
Help me to learn.
Teach me to open my ears and really hear.by Carole MayhallListening really helps us to learn great things. As the saying goes: "It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen."
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
Friday, November 21, 2008
Listen is a kind of Direction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment